2017年3月16日星期四

CUHK Science Career Fair 2017 – HKCTC Recruitment Talk

I was honor to be invited by the Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification (HKCTC) to give a Career Talk during Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Career Fair on 16 March 2017.  The Careers Fair is an annual event organized by the Career Planning and Development Centre - CUHK, facilitating an on-campus platform for students and employers to interact.




There had different companies to explain their recruitment requirement and most of laboratories companies was observed.  I took a photo for HKCTC booth. 


In the beginning, I introduced Industry Training Advisory Committee for Testing, Inspection & Certification Industry (TIC-ITAC) under Hong Kong Qualification Framework (HKQF) and also represented HKSTP to give the career talk.  I briefed the career path of TIC industry from Technical Personnel to Supervisory Personnel and then to Managerial Personnel.  


Then I mentioned my career experience in testing laboratories and certification bodies.  I encourage students to continuous study.  When they were performed junior testing task, I advised them to think about the process of each testing and any improvement for such preparation works’ effectiveness and efficiency. 


After that I introduced Hong Kong Science and Technology Park Corporation (HKSTP) vision, mission and 3Cs strategies that were Connect, Collaborate and Catalyse.


I also briefed some accreditations we obtained in the past from Hong Kong and China.


Finally, I summarized my careers through connecting the dots.


After my talk, I went to the fair booth again.  Many companies provided science related job opportunities for student.


I met Mr. Jordan Sun (Director, Branding Consultation, VIZZ Group (Holdings) Ltd.) and they focused on digital marketing.  He said they would like to employ some science student for data analysis so as to interpreter customer behavior from big data. 

He also told me that their group brought Yahoo blog and created a new blogger platform named “We Share” at http://www.weshare.hk/ .


Reference:
Testing, Inspection and Certification Industry Training Advisory Committee (ITAC) - http://www.hkqf.gov.hk/ind/en/tic.aspx
Members of Testing, Inspection and Certification Industry Training Advisory Committee (ITAC) at http://www.hkqf.gov.hk/guie/com_ITAClist_TIC.asp



沒有留言:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails