2016年11月8日星期二

Visit to the Ministry of Industry & Commerce, Laos

Laos is one of One Belt One Road countries that I never visit before.  This time, I went with my wife to visit her classmate in Warwick University.  Moreover, I had also visited my ANQ friends’ company (Laos Government Department) to understand more about Laos Quality Movement.  I arrived on the Ministry of Industry and Commerce on 7 Nov 2016 at 2:00pm and took a photo in front of the government building.


Inside the building, I took a photo in the Industry and Commerce Sector. 




And then I met Mr. Souliphone KONGSIENGCHITH.  We had a meeting that I introduced Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) and Hong Kong Society for Quality (HKSQ) to him and left some information for his reference.  Souliphone also briefed me their duties in the Department of Industry & Handicraft under the Ministry of Industry & Commerce, Lao PDR.  They worked followed “Manufacturing Law” which involved Factory Establishment, Environmental Protection, Investment Promotion in Manufacturing, etc.  They also had Industrial Zone and Park like us. After our meeting, I must thank Mr. Souliphone KONGSIENGCHITH for his hospitality that drove my wife and I back to hotel under heavy rain.


I had met Souliphone colleagues Mr. Thongdam Khounoudom (Director, Products Standard Division) and Mr. Somphong Soulivanh (Deputy Director General of the Department of Industry and Handicraft) during ANQ 2013 in Thailand. It was pity that we hadn’t met again in Laos because they attended ACCSQ - Automotive Products Working Group (APWG) meeting in Vietnam in this time. 
(Left: I (HKSQ), Mr. Somphong Soulivanh (Laos), Mr. Thongdam Khounoudom (Laos), Dr. Ngo Van Nhon (Chairman, VQAH) and Mr. Ivan Chan (HKSQ))


Mr. Thongdam Khounoudom namecard showed his department website at www.moic.gov.la .


Then we back to the hotel “Don Chan Palace”.  


Left hand side of the hotel was conference hall.


I observed Lao International University had activities in here.


The hotel’s hall was so large and could arrange ANQ Congress.


They were preparing the Opening Ceremony of the 10th ASEAN-CHINA Prosecutors-General Conference on 9 Nov 2016 and the theme was “Strengthening Cooperation to Effectively Combat Transnational Crime”.  It was pity that we left on 8 Nov 2016. 


Meeting rooms in the hotel were very grand for official meeting.



Outside the hotel, China flag and Hong Kong flag were standing here.


Reference:
20161107: Visit to the Ministry of Industry & Commerce, Laos - https://qualityalchemist.blogspot.hk/2016/11/visit-to-ministry-of-industry-commerce.html


沒有留言:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails