2010年10月30日星期六

Lunch with Dr. Ronald Sequeira

I am very happy to meet my MPhil supervisor Dr. Ronald Sequeira and we had lunch in CityU Chinese Restaurant in the City University of Hong Kong today. We took a photo before lunch outside CityU.


Dr. Ronald Sequeira is my Research Enlightener since 1994. Before studying MPhil. in Chemistry (Atmospheric Chemistry), I was appointed by Dr. R. Sequeira as Part-time Research Assistant under the project entitled “Validation of Available Hong Kong Aerosol Data for Preliminary Analysis and Interpretation with Reference to Air Pollution and Atmospheric Chemistry” from Nov 1993 to Oct 1994. In this period, I was undergraduate student of BSc. Applied Physics. Why Dr. Ronald Sequeira employed me? It is because my background was like him that studied both Physics and Chemistry.

My MPhil thesis title was “Detailed investigations on the inorganic chemical constituents of atmospheric aerosol and various deposition in Hong Kong” and I graduated in 1997. I was also appointed as part-time Research Assistant in the project named “Investigations on the Persistent Poor Visibility in the Hong Kong Atmosphere” from Feb to Jun 1997.

I took a photo with my supervisor in front of the Department of Biology and Chemistry today (29 Oct 2010) and compared the photo we took in 1997.

Photo in 2010

Photo in 1997

How time flies! But my supervisor does not change. He is still wise and funny. One important thing is that he is still researching in his interested topic.


Reference:
One of Dr. Ronald Sequeira famous papers was “Monsoonal deposition of sea salt and air pollutants over Bombay“ in 1976.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2153-3490.1976.tb00676.x/abstract

R. Sequeira and K.H. Lai (1998) “The effect of meteorological parameters and aerosol constituents on visibility in urban Hong Kong” Atmospheric Environment, 32, No.16, pp2865-2871.
R. Sequeira, M.R. Peart and K.H. Lai (1996) “A Comparison between Filtered and Unfiltered Atmospheric Depositions from a rural area in Hong Kong” Atmospheric Environment, 30, pp3221-3224.

沒有留言:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails