2008年9月1日星期一

Samson Tam meeting with his Five Hundred Supporters

Tonight, my wife and I joined “譚偉豪與500人助選團隊聚會”, in which we have met many experts and friends in the IT field. We also met Dr. Winnie Tang, who is the Chairman of Internet Professional Association (http://www.iproa.org/). She is also the CEO of ESRI China (HK) Ltd. which is a famous software / solution provider in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). I knew ESRI when I studied the GIS course in MSc. Environment Engineering of Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) in 1999. (For more information, please visit: http://www.esrichina-hk.com/)

In my point of view, IT is one of the core competences of quality professionals to enhance quality management. For instance, we need a team of people to drive a Document Control Centre (DCC) to fulfill ISO 9001 requirements in the past. But now, it can be replaced by Electronic Document System (EDS) and high efficiency is resulted. The statement of “IT應該做主角” from Samson may be demonstrated.

I hope that Samson will win the election and represent IT industry to help the future development on Technology (including IT, Science, Biotechnology, etc.) in Hong Kong.


Photo taken with Samson and his wife.
(Left: Samson & his wife; my wife and I)

沒有留言:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails